Thursday, January 10, 2013

My First Go At The Wheel....

Odd up and down day, this was.

Had to drive to Arlington for the initial lab rat experience a The Habitrail Clinical Trials Center. I got there VERY early in case my GPS would go all up into the fetal position and start sobbing, as it has done in times past with Texas geography.

Once there a VERY nice young woman took my info, explained the program and said we would do a Breathing Test.

I said wait...I did that yesterday, and handed her the paper showing the results.

Already I am an over achieving rat! Score one for moi!

We went over my experiences since I had been diagnosed with C.O.P.D. with a side of Pneumonia. Meds...therapies...concerns....vulnerabilities...etc. I was urged in no uncertain terms to get a flu shot. Seems my lungs are not as hardy as they used to be and more prone to infections, viruses, et al....

She made photo copies of everything and gave me a $20.00 gas card for my time. I think she really wants me in this. I can have a winning personality, you know!

Anyhow.....

Here I was in Arlington right down the boulevard from Cowboy's Stadium. All manner of memories from "Restoring Love" flashed through my mind's eye. The people I met, the energy, the main event....

It was the best week of my life in the last 10 years!

Now one problem I did have is that my cell phone was in suspended animation. I couldn't get any calls...check my email...nuthin'! Talk about feeling cut off from the world! I had mixed desires...drive around and explore or bolt back to my unpaid motel room to get online.

I hung out at a Q.T. travel station for a couple of hours. Ultimately the need for 'net overcame me and I headed back.

And I am glad I did!

There was an email waiting for me asking if I could come in RIGHT AWAY for an interview as there is an immediate need for that position to be filled.

I called the person who sent this and told him it was a bit late in the day to get there before closing. He said he was really impressed with my experience, resume, and cover letter. We have an appointment for 11:00 A.M. C.S.T. tomorrow.

Then...the motel front office calls me.....

I owe them, as of 11:00 A.M. C.S.T. tomorrow $150.00 and what am I going to do about it.  I told them I would get it covered. Truth be told...I have no idea how.

Let's see how this plays out! Once again, on the wheel.......

Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment