Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PHOOEY!

I actually wanted to use a different word.

I got all prepared for today, to do the brakes and tires. Yesterday the very nice and generous man who got me the calipers, rotors, and pads came by with tires. The front ones are down to the steel belts and not really safe to rolling around with at 55+ MPH.

I put just enough gas in the generator so it would be empty in time for this morning. The thing weighs 100lbs. empty, thus if any gas is in it, I can't lift it. Add to that, my hernia is bulging a bit and uncomfortable from the swelling.

Then, 4 A.M. came...welcomed by abdominal pain of significant amounts.

My old friend, diverticulitis wanted to say hello. I kinda thought this was coming. My innards were grumbling with an occasional tweak of pain that I attributed to something I ate. The other warning sign is mah' belly (Fat Bastard voice) is bloating. I eat once a day and I don't menstrate. Thus, wondering if this was a sign was warranted.

Suffice to say, I had to postpone the work on The Conversion Van Of Wonders. I need to be able to lie down when I must and, if the van is on a lift, that isn't feasible. One of the problems of driving what you live in.

I am just about to throw in the towel. My stuff is on the verge of being auctioned, Thursday it will be 2 years living in here, and I simply can not seem to get out of my own way.

I had to turn down a couple of days of driving because the van is not safe to take anywhere. I took down an ad I had on Craig's List for that type work, for now. I have been misspelling quite a bit and running into other "Bad Brain Day" issues.

SIDETRACK: I see that a few from Twitter follow me here. The thing with that site, by being limited to 140 characters/letters, my misspelling issue is less of a problem. Thus, I tend to post shrunken dopey things I have to say there frequently.

This is not to say the occasional, sometimes frequent, blessing comes my way. The brake and tires are perfect examples. In the week or 2 prior, I was given generous support by a couple of long time friends.

So I deal with the flare ups for today, and hope this doesn't blossom into a full blown happenstance.

I am tired and HATE being grounded.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment