Thursday, December 6, 2012

If You Are Looking At Me RIGHT Now....

..on your mobile device, stop by and say "Hello". What's written on the van is true and I welcome any support.

Updates and new entries follow below this one.

UPDATED TO ADD 12/12/12: I am covered until this coming Tuesday morning, 12/17/12. I'd like to have it at least through Christmas....maybe even New year. Any help welcome.

Thanks
EDITED TO ADD: Last night was awful!!! I could not get to sleep because I couldn't catch my breath. Fortunately, I had Prednisone available and finally got things under control.


I don't really know, on paper, how bad this really is, but for now it's unbearable.

I lose my motel room as of 11 A.M. tomorrow morning. Temps here are expected to be in the 30's overnight. I won't do well at all in the van. Heat/A.C. in there has not worked in a year. I need to be able to stay in the room.

UPDATE: RENT HANDLED FOR PAST WEEK!!! Thank you Barb!!!!!

It's $36.00 per night, or $180.00 a week (approx. $25.00 per night) , IF PAID IN ADVANCE. If you want to help, please contact me via Road2RL@Gmail.com PayPal takes 2 days at best to get to me, and then I will have to pay a nightly rate or two.

EVERYONE is pushing me to apply for Disability, something I am not wanting to do. Even if I get approved, it won't be overnight.

I hate being this vulnerable and whiny. Truth be told, I am frightened at the prospect of sleeping out there. The air will be devastating at this point to my lungs. Any help is appreciated more than you can know.

Thanks for considering.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Homeless Advisor,
    Can you get to some type of homeless shelter to get out of the cold? There must be some type of shelter to help you out?
    If you are in bad shape as you say, get on disability. You are not getting any younger and things could only get worse if you dont try to apply for it.
    Good Luck to you in what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment and your good wishes.

      Frankly, the "shelters" here are not only dangerous but, given the shape my lungs are in right now, could make things a LOT worse.

      The "Disability" thing was started by the hospital before I even knew. So that is in process now.

      Delete
  2. Thank God the hospital did that for you. It will be a great help and good start for you to get back on your feet again.

    I am saddened to hear the shelters are so dangerous. (very, very sad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God,
    You're OK and are finally considering some outside help (disability). I know you're against government handouts but who is paying for all your hospital visits? Thank God we have a compassionate president who cares about the needy and the middle class. And most of all...Thanks Barb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is a privately funded Intra-HMO type of system. They do really great work!!! I had my first appt. this evening for follow up, and tests begin next week.

      Let's see how it goes!

      I am not against help for those really in need...honestly. I have taken assistance in the past. I don't want it to be me on the public dole...it's not why I decided to stay in Texas. I want as normal and productive a life as I can achieve.

      Delete
  4. Greetings From Budd Lake N.J.
    I have been following your adventures since you were camped out at CVS and Wal Mart. I hear you got snow out there. None here yet. Everytime i go to your site i see the ad for the rich repulican guy who dresses like a Morris Catholic Geek from the 60's.(complete with skinny tie and thick glasses).I know you followed him out there.I was just wondering if Jeff Beck has helped you out since you are a big fan.
    Hang in there Scooter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning.

    Actually it's "Glen" Beck...Jeff Beck I saw at Carnegie Hall in the 70's. GREAT guitarist!!! and Glenn is more Libertarian/Conservative...as am I....and not so much Republican.

    And yes, indirectly, Beck's "Mercury One" charity helped me get a motel room after I was in the E.R. to get me through the meds cycle.

    Thanks for the well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do u have COPD? U deserve it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I feel the love. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
    2. Don't know who you are Jeffy'boy' execpt that you have a heart smaller than that of the Grinch, but NO ONE deserves COPD! Thinking you're not smart enough to know, but what you put out there comes back to you, so maybe you'll have the opportunity to experience it first hand.

      Delete