Monday, December 17, 2012

Frustrating.....

UPDATE 12/27/12: Dodged a bullet this morning. Some expected cash got stalled with that whole D.H.S. A.C.H. thing and the motel was going to padlock the room. I had showed them the printout of expected funds, and the memo didn't get to the early day crew. They also dropped the price for me by $1.50. Hey, anything helps. Anyhow....tomorrow I am praying the funds clear and I can cover stuff.

I can't wait until I get something going, work wise. This day to day scraping by, pathetically pleading for help is killing me. It's no way to live.

UPDATE 12/25/12: Merry Christmas everyone! Unless some appears I am down to one last night here, and then out tomorrow. Weather has been miserable...constant rain and low temps. Tomorrow, just cold. I had to skip a medical appointment yesterday due to van issues. Nothing much else to add.  Bleh... 

   ADDENDUM 3:44 P.M. C.S.T.: WRONG! I am $3.00 short......bleh
   
   ADDENDUM 11:18 P.M. C.S.T. I Want To Thank Francis T. For Her Help! Gets 
   Me Part Of The Way There In A HUGE Way!!!!! God Bless And Thank You! 

UPDATE: 12/23/12: I have been able to get JUST the right amount, day to day, to keep the room. A guy here gave me $40.00 because I created and posted a Craig's List ad that sold his truck..so that helped as well! Hoping to raise enough for the weekly rate which saves about $70.00 per week.


UPDATE 12/20/12: I was able to scrape $37.00 together for a night and hoping I can do something today. The temps are hitting in the 20's tonight. If anyone is inclined, I am at The Mid Cities Inn  Euless, Texas. (817) 283-4601  //  If you do call here and help, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! ( Road2RL@gmail.com) It's $37.00 per night, $180.00 for a full week, which would carry me past Christmas and my first C.O.P.D. guy appointment.


From Twitter 12/19/12:

Hold on to your hats Wednesday night. A cold front will blast through with wind gusts between 40 and 50 mph. 

I really hope to hold on to the room I have. The van has no heat at all.

Blatant plea for support. As of 11 A.M. tomorrow, Dec. 18th I have to leave the room I am currently in. My auto insurance is kaput as well. If it was one or the other, that would be workable. But since I would be back living in the van, the two are a double whammy. I would hope to try to stay in the room at least through Christmas, New Years even better. If not, then I'd wish to get my van's insurance reinstated so I can at least get around and find places to park overnight.

Once I get the van squared away, I'd appreciate ANY day work opportunities I could do in the Ft. Worth/Euless/Bedford/Hurst area. See any work available...please let me know.

If you are able to help, please reach out. Road2RL@gmail.com 

Thanks

UPDATE BELOW: 4:15 P.M. C.S.T.


I finally get work after 4 years...it's starting to pay off.....and I contract Pneumonia from my boss.

Downhill from there....

I don't know what to think, do, or believe. Those of you who have read my stuff here over these years know I try to keep an upbeat, hopeful perspective. Yes..I've had setbacks and slumps, but kept my eye on the future.

Now I am not so sure....or optimistic.

Tomorrow I lose the motel room. Back in the van. Problem is, the insurance has lapsed on the van and can't really drive it anywhere. In the meantime, there are meds I need, blood work to be done, and pulmonary testing accomplished. All out of reach for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have overall been pretty fortunate and blessed during this time in my life. And for that I will be eternally grateful.


Right now, though, I am not feeling so..... Christmas-ish....nor confident towards what's down the road.

Ok...I'm just whiney now.

Thank heavens Texas is staying warm for the next few days.

Until next time.....

UPDATE:

In so much as the insurance is kaput and I cant drive, I went for a kind of extended walk this afternoon to a local corner store. I took my time...did my best to breathe evenly, and didn't get too short of breath. Once at the store, I hung for a few minutes because I had started to feel tightness around my chest and back as well as feeling a bit lightheaded.

It's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment