Sunday, September 9, 2012

Doomsday Sept. 10th 2012

EDITED TO ADD: Ok...most things handled. Have motel...have cell...and have insurance..kinda. My former company will not reinstate the policy. I have zero points and no accidents...but they said no to re-upping. Thus, I return to a former coverage. Their prices seem to have come down somewhat since I was last insured by them.

Driving wise, I am grounded. I will be given a check to insure, which slows things down, but it's better than grinding to a complete halt. I can breathe again.


EDITED TO ADD: Ok...seems things might very well be under control. God has been REALLY good to me!

EDITED TO ADD: Cell Phone Covered. That may seem small but take my word, it's HUGE

It all falls apart Midnight tonight.

My auto insurance.
My cell phone minutes.
My hotel room. (Well..by 11 A.M. Central)

I don't like asking for help, financially speaking. It is beyond humbling...it's humiliating. Probably a good thing that it is. I don't want to become immune to that feeling.

It's not that I "let it get this far"...it simply happened. Work has not been as rewarding as I had hoped. It has nothing to do with the quality of the product, nor the professionalism of the company...it's seasonal and market forces at play.

SIDETRACK: I have had sales jobs in the past. Did really well and, in 2 case, excelled. It's not my ability...at least I don't think it is. But this is not something I am trying out as new. It's something I am good at!

I have been applying for different positions and have one upcoming. In the meantime, I've been applying for day/occasional work. I've applied to be a sign holder, assistant, driver....etc. Nothing fruitful yet.

So....at midnight it all comes undone. And of the 3 items, the least important at this point is the motel room. I can sleep in the van...been there, etc. I lose the phone, I lose contacts and ability to reach out. I lose insurance, I am stuck in one spot. I get caught driving sans coverage, I lose my license.

Maybe it has to get THIS bad for me. I came to Texas to find work, as well as do my part for "Restoring Love". Not to be in the same position I was in at Camp Scooter:SouthEast, Afscootistan. It was thrive...or die.

I am still holding out hope for the "thrive" part.

I'll be out today trying to get some funds. My time online will be minimal. If anyone can help out, best way is the PayPal button up top. I can immediately pay for things and/or transfer to a WalMart cash card I acquired. Then I can get some gas, too. If you need to contact me, the best email is: Road2RL@gmail.com

Look, I know it gets old, me asking for help. It evolves into fatigue....I get it. For myself, it's embarrassing. I would never has chosen soliciting as an occupation. I may be able to begin training this Wednesday, depending on trainer's availability. If not, it will be next Monday. And a fair bit of time before the 1st check comes in. THANKFULLY this is paid training. A small stipend, but money none the less.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment