Tuesday, August 7, 2012

As For Today..Even If They Aren't In A Row Yet...

....they are at least gathering!

Ok...some clarification....

My first day of work was Friday. Some basic training. My first FULL day of work was Monday. Shadowing a more seasoned associate in the field.

Today, however..it was just your humble narrator! And in less than 2 hours I made my first sale...and it was quite a nice one at that! To a very nice couple that are Glenn Beck fans, and the husband heard me on Glenn's radio program.

The powers that be are pleased.

Here's how the day went....

I spent the night at a motel that was really inexpensive. A VERY nice woman in N.J. named Barb who has helped me a number of times, afforded me the chance to have a roof, bed, and a shower, as well as, gas and food. Given the 'hood I was in and what I paid, the room was pretty nice. And the internet speed was impressive. Across the parking lot was a convenience store with a couple of semi-gambling video game consoles. I asked this well tattooed young man about said opportunities of chance and he, very politely, called me...

"POPS"

WTF!!!!!! Pops??? Really????

Kill me, please!

I do admit since my quite significant weight loss and road miles, I do look a fair bit older. But...but...

POPS?!?!??!

I need to get some "work" done so I can have that same wind tunnel look Kenny Rogers has.

But I digress....

A friend and supporter of mine named John reached out very early this morning with an offer of some free nights he had at a name brand hotel chain. He said he thought he had maybe 2 nights available.

I said GREAT...and thanked him for offering.

Well, turns out...because of the sub brand facility of aforementioned chain, he was able to get me 5 nights! That gives me until Sunday morning with a roof.

Sweet!

Just before I got the good news about the hotel, I got my first sale.

Sweet!

Then I took my very last five dollars and bought a couple of things. I had one dollar left and figured, what the hell, buy a scratch off.

I won my five back!

Hows that for a day.

I could still use help getting nights past Sunday morning. I hope to get a bit of an advance from work to get food and such. But you know what...

In the words of Charlie Brown in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown"...after he found the pencil the "little red haired girl" dropped and discovered she nibbles it like he does...

"It was a good day after all!"

Sometimes it really is the simple things....

I hope you all enjoyed that!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment