Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Random Stuff....

Mixed bag of things today.

Got approved for my health care for another year. UNDERSTAND this is NOT Obamacare nor taxpayer funded care. It is a self sustaining H.M.O. and not forcibly paid for by you!

Tomorrow I have a CAT Scan scheduled to see if Mickey Mass has vacated, or is something more....problematic. I have been on anti-biotics for a month and we'll see if they had an impact.

Given Gov. Rick Perry's "KMA" attitude towards Washington, D.C. , unlikely I will have to face the "Death Panels"!

Got some personal unpleasant news from back east. Happens and I'll grow past it.

SIDETRACK: There was a website I saw years ago that promoted, during the heyday of "MetroSexual", the embrace of "RetroSexual". Translation: Man Up!

On that site I saw this expression for the first time:

"It is what it is, and I'll deal with it"

That has served me really,  REALLY well, over the years!

Anyhow....

Random stuff.

Texas Experience: One night outside my apartment, I was enjoying the Texas air and two guys...rather scruffy looking....were carting off a decent sized flat screen. One said to me:

"I know what this looks like....."

Then tried to sell it to me, or anyone I might know who wanted one.

I have NEVER seen more "Red Heads" in any other place than I have seen here in Texas.
Now, those who have been following me from the beginning, or went and read past postings, know my affinity for crimson haired girls. You can read one example of my in infatuation with "Ariel" (my dream girl) HERE! Thus, I am tuned in to noticing that. Must be a lot of Scott DNA. #PassTheHaggis

When I go out for a walk I love the feeling of the Texas Sun on my back. My face and eyes, not so much.

This area is the most culturally, ethnically, religiously, and racially diverse place I have ever lived, and the connection between each of us is solid. There is a sense of "We are all in this together" that I haven't ever felt before.

Working on the new living space. Paid my rent a month in advance, exclusive of any deposit. I am locked solid to the end of September. Will post pics, soon.

Texas is the only place I have seen Special Truck Editions names after the state, or something related. I mean, you don't see "The Snookie Edition" of a Ford F-150 or "The Christie Cargo Carrier" GovMotors C4500!

SIDETRACK REDUX: Soon I'll post pics of said vehicles.

Along that same vein, I see a LOT of homes, apartments, vehicle, etc. with "I AM A Texan" type of ornaments. Don't see that in many places.

Found out that The Sovereign Conversion Van Of Wonders can pass inspection, once I register it here. Seems that vehicles over 20 years old are exempt from emissions inspection Take THAT Al Gore and your tree huggin' pals!

Lastly and in honor of #MockObamaDay ...an old posting HERE!

And...about to be an Official Texan!

Until next time.....






No comments:

Post a Comment