Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ok, Here's The Plan.....


Now that the closing of Camp Scooter:SouthEast, Afscootistan (A.H.A.) is fait accompli, I find myself having to implement my plans a fair bit ahead of schedule. What I had hoped to do was accumulate resources for the necessary start up expenses. I did one gig as a Lab Rat that I'll tell you about in a future post....it was REALLY interesting and cool...but it isn't enough.

I mean, whatever really is?

One goal, aside from finding a permanent place to reside and career to resume or begin, is attending Glenn Beck's "Restoring Love" event in Dallas this coming July. The plan is to find day work for myself, leading up to the event, and chronicle the adventure online. "Earn" my way there, as it were. I plan on advertising myself and seeking out opportunities around the country, particularly with entrepreneurs and unique start ups that exemplify The American Spirit and enterprise. Additionally, I would be visiting people and groups doing the good, hard work of helping others.

Since appearing on Beck's radio show this past November and December, a number of people have told me to kinda collect them along the way, creating a "caravan" heading to Texas this summer. The target time frame for this to begin, travel wise, was between the end of March, but certainly before April 15th. That would give me time to find and vet any leads for work, raise cash and support, then head out.

I guess there is a reason for God choosing to fold up the tents now. I am hoping to discover it sooner, not later! Divine intervention is certainly welcomed.

I have necessities and niceties, for which, some help would be appreciated. I have been really reticent to use this podium for gathering support in the past. But time is short.....

FULL DISCLOSURE: I do have a place to go to, so habitat is not an issue. I am also not shaving....odd little ritual...until I arrive at the new place. Fresh location, fresh look. (Yeah, I know...goofy)

And the friends I have had the pleasure to have met over time, please stop by, if for no other reason than to say howdy and good luck.

My next posting will be seeking the coast to coast opportunities that will pepper my path to Dallas. Thus, if any of you know of new venture start ups or charitable efforts I should reach out to, please let me know. Feel free to inform your connections of what I am seeking as well.

And please, continue to keep good thoughts for this, your humble narrator. I admit to this being a bit unnerving as I head into the unknown. But, as with anything worthwhile, nothing ventured and all that.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment