Sunday, October 7, 2012

Settling In....Welcome To Dallas, Texas

I really like it here! It just has a good vibe to it. Plus...IT'S DALLAS!!!!

Huge difference from where I had been the last month or so. Let's say...the place was "colorful". For example.....
The "Butterfly Tattoo" commonly called a "Tramp Stamp". Ladies, think twice before you get one of these. Looking at this young lady's physique it seems fine. However...

There was one woman where I last stayed who got this done when much more....ummm....let's say she had it done more than a few buffets ago.

She was sitting on the 2nd level on the edge and her sweats were...lowered...due to her position. Now her tat looked like....

MOTHRA! Of Godzilla fame.

Just a heads up for your future. You're welcome.

In other events, work is moving along nicely and I expect to have a steady income beginning this week. That's when my first paycheck hits my checking account. Yes...a checking account. I started it with 20 bucks so I had a place for direct deposit.

Right now I am in an Extended Stay kind of place with staff that couldn't be more friendly and personable. Kitchenette...nice bathroom. TV sucks though. What's odd is when I was some 50 miles away from Dallas, I could get reception of all the TV stations in this market. Now, in North Dallas, reception is spotty.

Go figure.

I hesitate to say this, but I feel more optimistic than I have in quite some time. My boss is great! The product, FiOS is the best you can get and I am a HUGE fan. Plus I am learning the territory, the north, south, east, and west of things.

SIDETRACK: Seems Texas roads make my GPS have a stroke!!! Many times it has been as much as a mile behind to a mile ahead, of where I am at that moment. I need it to update because there has been a ton of road construction going on through here. So some exits and such are slightly off track.

When I have some time and extra gas, I am going to explore around a bit. I am considering doing the occasional "Vlog" (video blog) and see how that works.

Anyhow....the Giants kicked ass today and I have a roof over my head. The weather here these last two days has been....Jersey-esque...which I am not pleased with. Actual frost warnings tonight, but I am told that is not the norm.

GOOD!

All that "Seasons" bring are hours of leaf raking and snow shoveling.

THANK YOU ALL for your support, prayers, and good wishes. I did not do this on my own. I had help..and lots of it! I am, indeed, blessed.

Until next time....

Oh..and the best part?              I'M IN DALLAS!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Scooter,

    I am glad to see that you are really getting some traction now. I hope this is the break away point where you get back to a more normal way of living!

    Best of Luck!
    John

    ReplyDelete