Saturday, January 30, 2010

BIG Challenges, Minor Victories

It's really, REALLY cold out! Last night was a tough one. My feet actually felt like they were dead, due to the drafts in the conversion van.The problem is the drafts in here, not the warmth source. Tonight I will most likely sleep in the middle row of seats to be closer to the heat. Plus, my left leg, from hip to ankle, has me walking like some old guy.

Welcome to aging.

But my minor triumph?

I made a burger!

From fresh ground beef!

I used the NuWave oven I bought at a yard sale in September for 7 bucks to cook it. ShopRite, my and Bon Jovi's FAV supermarket, had a great sale on ground beef. So I bought about 3 pounds, knowing I had room in the faux fridge to keep it fresh.

I formed the pattie...cooked it, and damn it was fine! The flavor a little less that I was used to, but I don't have a lot of spices in the conversion van. None the less, the texture and all was perfect!

While you stay warm, keep warm thoughts for moi. I may have to run the van's engine all night to keep up with the cold, but it is what it is, and I'll deal with it.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment